Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Birthday, Paint Day

Today is my birthday!  Before you get too excited about all of the fun things I must have done to celebrate my birthday today, bear in mind that I'm fairly single-minded about the house.  My day was spent up to my elbows in paint, most of the day spent by myself in that big empty house...  Thankfully Darrell joined me for a couple of hours in the afternoon, enough to finish out a few of the projects I had spent hours with already, doing tedious tasks like taping and cutting in.  It was maddening!

Cutting in on the Master Bedroom walls:


Boy, this color sure is drying darker than I thought it would...



But we're going for broke and going to continue on painting the Master Bedroom walls, trying not to worry too much about the color.  And here is the finished look:


We continued on because we sprang for the 5 gallon container of that color:


Oh well, you live and learn. I think we'll continue using that for the Living Room and maybe the office.  I need to find a lighter color for the main living spaces.

We also put a second coat of primer on the Living Room walls, and I think it now looks ready to accept some paint!:



And a second coat of primer on the Family Room paneling:




This time it looks like the primer has almost completely covered the paneling! Yippee!  I hope this means we can start painting this room tomorrow!?!? :)  

That's all for today.  My legs, arms, back, and hips are all really sore and I need to rest!

One more thing, my birthday treat, which I ate between paint coats this afternoon:

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to spend your birthday working on the house, but everything is coming along beautifully! I'm really impressed with all the progress you've made in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete