Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tying up some loose ends!

After the kitchen cabinets went in on Thursday and Friday last week, we had to wait 48 more hours to get our handyman out to the house to install the sink, garbage disposal, faucet, dishwasher and microwave over the range.  But when we did, we realized we had a gem!


Sink:  Swanstone - Composite, single basin, 33" x 22" and 10" deep, color: Tahiti Ivory; Purchased at HomeDepot.com
Faucet: Moen - Harlon model, single-hole/no mount plate, color: Spot Resist stainless steel
Purchased at Lowe's (with our 10% moving discount!)

And our new garbage disposal:


Garbage Disposal:  InSinkErator Evolution Essential, 3/4 HP.

And let's not forget our reinstalled dishwasher and microwave:



So we finally have a functioning kitchen! Well, with one tiny exception.  The range (see photo above) is nothing fancy, but it isn't bad and it appears to be fully functional, as all of the heating elements work great, the timer and dials are all working, etc.  Unfortunately, the oven is missing its oven racks.... Who would want those? So we can't use the oven until we get something to place a dish/pan on!  It appears that we'll have to order a rack from some online parts warehouse, but I'm open to other ideas of where I might pick one up!

On top of these completions, we have also been busy improving things on the home decor front!  We installed new 2 1/2" blinds on the front bay window:


First, please ignore the messy living room.  We're still in move-in mode, so that's going to be my excuse for now!  Also, this picture doesn't do the wall color in the living room justice, presumably because I took this picture at night, so the white blinds look a little washed out with the wall color... there is a nice contrast, I assure you!

We also unrolled the frieze rug that we bought for the family room:

View from the front door:

View from the kitchen:

The giant, obnoxious scratches in the bamboo hardwood floors is actually completely covered by the new rug!  *Happy Dance*
 Oohhhh, ahhhhhh:

Closer view from the front entry hallway... still plenty of room for the future barstools to slide in and out from the bar without running into the rug:

Tonight we also decided to hang a pair of paintings in the living room, as our first touches of decor:


So, decorating this house absolutely terrifies me.  I just don't feel like I have a good eye and it takes me forever to put things together.  I don't know, I guess it just wasn't a gift I was given... so I just do the best I can. In any case, there is a LOT of decorating that needs to be done.  I need money and someone else's keen eye... Any takers? lol  Didn't think so! 

 That's it for tonight.  I'm all decorated out!  I need to sleep now and refresh myself for work tomorrow (guaranteed to be a crazy day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment